Hard Sun

Another Song I came across, which I wanted to share with you:



When I walk beside her
I am the better man
when i look to leave her
I always stagger back again


Once I built an ivory tower
so I could worship from above
when I climb down to be set free
she took me in again


CHORUS
There’s a big
a big hard sun
beating on the big people
in the big hard world


When she comes to greet me
she is mercy at my feet
I see her inner charm
she just throws it back at me


Once I dug an early grave
to find a better land
she just smiled and laughed at me
and took her rules back again


CHORUS
Once I stood to lose her
and I saw what i had done
bowed down and threw away the hours
of her garden and her sun


So I tried to want her
I turned to see her weep
40 days and 40 nights
and its still coming down on me






That's all for now. ©2011 Aman Gupta

No comments: